From the Orono High School Soccer Program:
Tribute to Colton Gleason
Colton Gleason joins us from above this Thursday evening as we come together to celebrate the life of such an amazing young man.
Colton led the Spartans soccer team as a captain his senior year here in 2010. He was elected captain by his peers because of the person he was both on and off the field. Whether he was in the classroom, locker room or on the field, he had the unique ability to capture your attention just with his presence alone. His strong personality and his love of life rubbed off on everyone around him as he brought and will continue to bring smiles to all of our faces.
Thursday’s attendance can attest to the influence Colton has on this community and in communities around the world. I don’t know many people who could convince this many of his peers to attend a high school regular season soccer game with temperatures in the low 40s, sitting on cold metal bleachers for two hours, but Colton has that influence on all of us.
- Orono H.S. Alum Dies After Assault in St. Cloud
- What Friends of Slain Orono H.S. Alum are Saying Online
On Thursday we will be retiring the number 15 Jersey which was worn by Colton and both of his brothers before him. Colton will forever be a captain of this Orono soccer family, and will continue to lead us and watch over us for years to come.
If you haven’t already gotten one, there are Orono Soccer tee shirts with the number 15 on the back available up top behind the press box. All proceeds will go to the Colton Gleason Memorial Fund.
5 p.m.—Girls Soccer Game vs. Glencoe-Silver Lake
7 p.m.—Boys Soccer Game vs. Glencoe-Silver Lake
Events taking place during the varsity game:
- At the conclusion of the girls varsity game, the Varsity Boys’ teams will begin warming up.
- We will stop the clock at 15 seconds
- At this time we will ask both teams to return to their sidelines for starting lineups and National Anthem.
- There will be a moment of silence prior to the National Anthem and then Nicole will lead the choir in the singing.
- OHS Choir will sing the National Anthem (along with alumni choir members)
- Halftime will be the jersey presentation to the Gleason family.
- We will look to have some buckets passed at the end of the halftime at the 15 sec. mark for all proceeds to go to a Memorial Fund.