However, with conditions expected to improve throughout the day, after school and evening activities will be held.
Explorer's Club (childcare) will be open Tuesday for students regularly scheduled for Tuesday.
- All elementary, middle and high schools closed.
- Minnetonka ECFE and Preschool will be closed.
- Minnetonka Aquatics will be closed.
- All daytime and afternoon classes for Minnetonka Community Education are cancelled.
- Explorer’s Club will be OPEN, as it was today, for students regularly scheduled to attend Explorer’s on Tuesday.
Because conditions are expected to improve throughout the day, the high school will open at 2 p.m., and will resume regularly scheduled afterschool activities and Community Education evening classes and activities.
Unless otherwise notified, all youth and adult evening classes and practices will be held.On Friday, Mark Dayton made the decision to order a rare statewide cancellation of public schools due to dangerously cold weather. The Minnesota Department of Education officially announced Monday morning that all school districts would be able to decide whether to remain closed on Tuesday.
Forecasters predict Tuesday’s high will be -1 degrees Fahrenheit, with wind chill values as low as -35 degrees.