This summer a number of new and familiar faces filled in the blanks for open administrator positions in the .
The district created a new position merging two important administrative responsibilities together, overseeing buildings and grounds and transportation services. Jon Deutsch was named to this new position called director of facilities and transportation. Deutsch comes to the district from Burnsville, Eagan, Savage Public Schools where he was the director of operations and properties for four years.
According to the district the following people were hired this summer for open positions:
• Sarabeth deNeui stepped into the principal position at Plymouth Creek Elementary School while takes a year-long sabbatical to China. She comes from spending two years as the sophomore class principal at Wayzata High School.
• Coming out of retirement, Steve Root, retired principal of Central Middle School, is the new interim principal at Birchview Elementary School and will be leading the school this year while the district searches for a long-term principal candidate. (Former Birchview principal Jason Wenschlag moved back to working in the Richfield Public School District.)
• Clark Doten is the principal at Wayzata Central Middle School coming from being the associate principal at Wayzata West Middle School.
Wayzata West Middle School
• Jim Bollum is now the associate principal at West Middle School, he was the freshman class associate principal position at Wayzata High School.
• Stephanie Bruggers is new ninth grade associate principal at Wayzata High School. She is a new face to district coming from Osseo Public Schools where she taught ninth grade social studies for 11 years at Maple Grove Junior High and was an instructional coach for the teaching staff at both Maple Grove and Osseo junior highs for the last two years.
• Ross Downing is the 10th grade associate principal at WHS. He didn't move to far as he was teaching English on the first floor of the school before his new appointment.
(Information from the Wayzata School District website.)