Kyla Gill of earned Dean's List honors for the Spring 2012 semester at Maryville University in St. Louis. Gill is a student in Maryville's College of Arts and Sciences.
Lauren Elizabeth DeJute of Orono was named to the Miami University President's List for achieving a perfect 4.0 grade point average for second semester of the 2011-12 academic year.
Four local students attending Miami University have achieved a 3.5 grade point average or better and been named to the Dean's List:
- Madison Margaret Larkin of
- Madeline Kneer Haigh of
- Matthew Christian Helling of Orono
- John Patrick Kernan of Orono
Three local students recently graduated from Miami University during spring commencement exercises at Yager Stadium.
- Jeffrey Daniel Blank of received a Bachelor of Arts degree.
- Lauren Elizabeth Hattara of received a B.S. in Business degree.
- Megan Kathleen Kernan of Orono received a A.B. International Studies degree.
- Megan Kathleen Kernan of Orono received a Bachelor of Arts degree.
Timothy Zahrte of recently received a bachelor of arts degree in biblical languages, magna cum laude, from Luther College during commencement ceremonies for the Class of 2012.
The following local students have earned academic honors at Purdue University for the spring 2012 semester:
- Michael Radunz of
- Kaitlyn Fisher of
To earn honors, students must have had at least a 3.5 semester or cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
The following local students have been named to the St. Olaf College Dean's List for the Spring 2012 semester. The Dean's list recognizes students with a semester grade point average of 3.75 or higher on a four-point scale.
- Abigail Engelhart from Minnetrista is an American studies and history major. Engelhart is the daughter of Randall and Elizabeth Engelhart.
- Zachary Lundgren from Independence is an economics major. Lundgren is the son of Colin and Wendy Lundgren.
- Rachel Turbeville from Mound is an economics and mathematics major. Turbeville is the daughter of Brian and Ann Turbeville.
The following students have been named to the Dean's List for academic excellence for the spring 2012 semester at Bethel University in St. Paul. The Dean's List honors students who achieve an outstanding scholastic record during a semester with a grade point average of 3.6 or greater.
- Amanda Ahlm is the daughter of Brad and Dawn Ahlm from .
- Cassie Anderson is the daughter of Duane and Lori Anderson from .
- Bethany Englund is the daughter of Bradley and Lynne Englund from Minnetrista.
- Cooper Johnson is the son of Tom and Jackie Johnson from .
- Megan Matson is the daughter of Scott and Lisa Matson from .
- Colin Mayer is the son of Scott and Cynthia Mayer from .
- Dayna Pitts is the daughter of Gregg and Patricia Pitts from .
- Ashley Quam is the daughter of Bruce and Sally Quam from Minnetrista.
- Nicholas Quam is the son of Bruce and Sally Quam from Minnetrista.
- Brett Skoog is the son of Paul and Sherry Skoog from .
- Kristen Sweet is the daughter of Janet and Greg Sweet from .
- Maxwell Turkbas is the son of Jay and Patti Turkbas from Orono.
- Samuel Twetan is the son of Len and Julie Twetan from .
- Katelyn Walsh is the daughter of David and Susan Walsh from .
The following students qualified for inclusion in the Dunwoody College of Technology spring quarter dean's list by upholding a 3.5 or higher grade point average.
- Ryan Schultz of
- Blake Walvatne of Long Lake
- William Wheeler of
Autumn Deborah Kaye of was named to the Dean's List at Illinois Central College for the Spring 2012 semester. The academic honor is presented to students who earn a 3.5 to 3.99 grade point average on a 4.0 grading scale.
Cornell University announced the following students graduated with the Class of 2012 during recent commencement ceremonies in Ithaca, N.Y.
- Whitney McMullin of graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in fiber science & apparel design.
- Kyle Dorman of graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in biological engineering.
- Christopher Zylman of graduated with an Artium Baccalarius degree in Economics.
The following students were named to the spring semester dean's list at Northwestern College in St. Paul. The dean's list includes full-time students with a grade point average during the semester of 3.65 (out of 4.0) or higher.
- Sarah Gosen, daughter of Tim and Sandy Gosen of . Sarah is pursuing a degree in mathematics education.
- Daniel Horner of . Daniel is pursuing a degree in business.
- Natalie Pitts, daughter of Gregg and Patty Pitts of Minnetrista. Natalie is pursuing a degree in design.
Northwestern College announced that CD Rae Johansen of Long Lake was awarded a Master of Arts in Theological Studies from the Center for Graduate Studies.
Alison Symington of Long Lake has been named to the spring semester Dean's List at Lafayette College. To qualify for Dean's List, a student has achieved at least a 3.60 semester grade point average out of a possible 4.0.
The following local students from the University of Wisconsin-River Falls made the spring semester Dean's List. To be named to the Dean's List, a full-time undergraduate student must earn a grade point average of at least 3.5 on a scale of 4.0, or midway between an "A" and "B" average.
- Patrick Houlton from Excelsior is majoring in English.
- Emma Shields-Nordness from Excelsio is majoring in social work.
- Rachael Klahr from Long Lake is majoring in psychology.
- Oliver White from Minnetrista is majoring in marketing communications.
- Nicole Hancock from Mound is majoring in business administration.
- Jena Kulenkamp from Mound is majoring in communicative disorders.
- Margaret Kregness from Deephaven is majoring in social work.
- Gina Schmit from Excelsior is majoring in biology.