Seven Lake Minnetonka area college students have been awarded degrees from Marquette University in Milwaukee.
- Andrew Weingart of Excelsior earned a Bachelor of Science in biomedical engineering in biomechanics.
- Marc Peterson of Mound earned a Bachelor of Arts in communication studies.
- Courtney Johnson of Wayzata earned a Bachelor of Science in marketing.
- Stephen Adams of Orono earned a Bachelor of Science in mechanical engineering.
- Amanda Diedrich of Excelsior earned a Bachelor of Arts in political science.
- Chris Mullen of Excelsior earned a Bachelor of Arts in political science.
- Corrine Fournier of Long Lake earned a Bachelor of Science in speech pathology & audiology.
Charles Velie, a resident of Wayzata and a first-year student at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, is listed on the honor roll with distinction. To be listed on the SMU honor roll with distinction, students must be in the top 10 percent of their school of record. SMU's spring 2012 enrollment included 10,471 students.
Catherine Portmann of Orono recdntly graduated from Fort Lewis College. Portmann received a bachelor of arts degree with a major in psychology.
Six students from the area are recipients of the University of Wisconsin-Stout's "Chancellor's Award" for the spring 2012 semester. The award is presented to students who have a grade point average of 3.5 or above.
- Kayla Black of Excelsior is majoring in professional communication and emerging media.
- Raven Gresenz of Mound is majoring in hotel, restaurant and tourism.
- Justin Kasprzak of Mound is majoring in graphic design and interactive media.
- Jesslyn Majeres of Excelsior is majoring in hotel, restaurant and tourism.
- Macneil Randall of Mound is majoring in business administration.
- Beth Schmudlach of Mound is majoring in business administration.
Caroline Arkesteyn of Wayzata participated in the Women in Engineering Program on the campus of Michigan Technological University this summer.
Women in Engineering is a highly-competitive scholarship program in which high school freshmen, sophomores and juniors investigate careers in engineering and science. Students participate in engineering sessions, group projects, and special topic presentations. In addition, students have opportunities throughout the week to interact with industry role models and a diverse group of peers from around the nation and world.
Marit Rollag Wangstad of Wayzata was awarded a bachelor of arts degree from Denison University. Wangstad graduated with a major in psychology. She was also a member of the women's varsity swimming and diving team.
Beth Schmudlach of Mound is participating in the Cooperative Education Program at the University of Wisconsin-Stout. Schmudlach majoring in business administration and is working as an electrical distribution intern co-op with Viking Electric Supply, Inc. in Minneapolis. Approximately 875 students participate annually in the program that integrates college studies with work experience in industry, business, government or public service.
Chase Fisher of Wayzata has been named to the University of Delaware's Dean's List for Spring 2012. To meet eligibility requirements for the Dean's List, a student must be enrolled full-time and earn a GPA of 3.33 or above (on a 4.0 scale) for the semester.
Jeremy Anderson, a senior business management major at Grove City College, has been named to the Dean's List for the spring 2012 semester. Jeremy is a 2008 graduate of Minnehaha Academy and is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Scott Anderson from Long Lake.
Seven Lake Minnetonka area students were named to the Luther College 2012 spring semester Dean's List:
- Junior Alli Wright of Excelsior
- Senior Lauren Bentrott of Medina
- Senior Tim Zahrte of Shorewood
- Junior Dylan Carlson of Wayzata
- Junior Jenna Hoge of Wayzata
- Senior Annie Whiteley of Wayzata
- Junior Hannah Wilson of Wayzata
Three local residents recently graduated from St. Olaf College:
Austin Bly of Mound graduated with an environmental studies and political science major. He also had a concentration in Nordic studies. In addition, he was awarded membership in Pi Sigma Alpha. Bly is the son of Stacey Bly.
Heidi Bohnenkamp of Greenwood graduated with a studio art major. She also had a concentration in management studies and media studies. Bohnenkamp earned distinction in studio art. Bohnenkamp is the daughter of Robert and Linda Bohnenkamp.
Zachary Lundgren of Independence graduated with an economics major. Lundgren is the son of Colin and Wendy Lundgren.
A pair of area residents were among 465 seniors who graduated from Colby College last month, receiving a bachelor of arts degree at the outdoor commencement in Waterville, Maine.
- Emily Moos of Wayzata, the daughter of Sara Pierson of Wayzata and Peter Moos of Minneapolis, majored in sociology and classical civilization and is a graduate of Blake School-Northrup Campus.
- Alison R. Reader of Minnetonka Beach, the daughter of Martin and Susan Reader of Wayzata, majored in English and theater and dance and is a graduate of Hotchkiss School.