The Wayzata School District School Board has a full agenda scheduled for the March 11 meeting at Wayzata City Hall, 600 Rice Street, Wayzata. Items listed below are not final until approved by the school board.
Here are a few items scheduled to be reviewed by the school board, according to the agenda.
- Approval of agreement to purchase land at 18940 Highway 55 in Plymouth for $7.4 million with closing on or before July 15, 2013. Purchase agreement that provides “details of the district's land acquisition plan to address capacity at the high school level” for additional space for at least 500 additional students by 2020. The agenda packet memo states the Wayzata School District received “a positive review and comment statement” from the Minnesota Commissioner of Education who has “judged the district’s acquisition of 37 acres of land directly adjacent to the current high school facility to be educationally and economically advisable. “
- Approval of agreement to sell land. “As a condition of the acquisition of land adjacent to Wayzata High School, the district has agreed to sell approximately 19 acres of land in its possession, located on County Road 47, to the developer who has agreed to sell 37 acres of land adjacent to the high school.”
- Resolution for open enrollment non-resident agreement for 2013-2014. Staff is recommending the Wayzata School District School Board approve closing open enrollment at grades 1-12 for the 2013-2014 school year, limit kindergarten open enrollment to a district wide total not to exceed 650 students and accept kindergarten siblings into the district when an older sibling is currently attending Wayzata Public Schools.
- Recognitions including March employees of the month, Minnesota Scholastic Art Awards and more
- Student curriculum presentations.
Visit the Wayzata Public Schools website for the full agenda