Knewtson Health Group was awarded the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association Community Partner Award last month—recognized for their outstanding leadership skills to promote fire and life safety education in their community and the Sate of Minnesota and their exemplary commitment and dedication of proactive efforts of prevention.
Fire Chief, Scott Gerber accepted the award on behalf of Knewtson Health Group because owners, Dr. Kelly and Dr. Troy Knewtson could not be present at the award ceremony in Duluth. Knewtson Health Group was presented with the award at the Excelsior Fire Station on Thursday, Nov. 1 by Assistant Fire Chief, Dana George.
Knewtson Health group was nominated by the Excelsior Fire District for several reasons. They are steadfast supporters of the fire district, and they are active promoters of firefighter’s health. They have also been financial sponsors for several Fire District projects for over a decade.
- Fire Prevention Supplies for local schools and the community
- Freddie the Fire Truck
- Automated External Defibrillators (AED)
- AutoPulse, CPR chest compressions machine
- Boat (Boston Whaler Rescue Boat) – assisted with promotion and financing to purchase and furnish the boat for fire and rescue operations on Lake Minnetonka.
- Water Rescue Equipment such as water rescue suits.