Wayzata Students Advance To State D.I. Tourney
Seven teams from the Wayzata Public School District advance to state Destination ImagiNation tournament.
After the completion of the Destination ImagiNation West Metro Regional Tournament in February, seven teams from Wayzata Public Schools will advance to compete at the State Destination Imagination tournament Saturday, April 14, at Jackson Middle School and Champlin Park High School.
Overall, six teams earned first place awards and two of the teams earned the Renaissance Award for outstanding design engineering or performance.
The Permanent Markers, fifth grade team from Oakwood Elementary and The 7 Oodle Noodles, fourth grade team from Oakwood Elementary, earned first place and Renaissance awards. The Permanent Markers team members are Duffy Davidson, Conor Greenberg, Abby Kassmir, Mara McCollor, Elizabeth Page, David Sandall and Erica Svendahl. The 7 Oodle Noodles team members are Cole Hartman, Grace Kyllo, Katie Polum, Luke Polum, Nirali Somia, Lindsay Tapper and Jonas Waskosky.
The following teams will be competing at the state level:
• SPAM from Greenwood Elementary took first place in the elementary level for Challenge A, Unidentified Moving Object – Team members are Sierra Chen, Charlie Erdahl, Edgar J. Hanson, Sam Roach, Angela Sun, Anni Wickman and Ian Zukor; team managers are Jason Erdahl and Leondra Hanson
• C.A.P.S. (Creepy Awesome People) from Greenwood Elementary took third place in Challenge C, Triple Take Road Show – Team members are Ella Colbert, Kellyn Pause, Divya Periakaruppan, Harshini Venkatachalam, Julia Willis and Florence Yared.
• The Sole Survivors from Oakwood took first place in the elementary level for Challenge B, Spinning a Tale – Team members are Christopher Caryotakis, Sophia Christopherson, Benjamin Greenberg, Annay Layne, Derek Rosenberger, Ellie Shaver and Claire Weiss.
• Pschedelic Hippie Kaleidoscopes from Central Middle School took first place in the middle level for Challenge D, Mythology Mission – Team members are Justin Greenberg, Maia Miller, David Mo, Arman Shah, Adam Tapper and Abby Trouth; team managers are Robb Greenberg and Diane Miller
• The JK’s from Wayzata West Middle school took first place in the middle level for Challenge B, Spinning a Tale – Team members are Kate Bernhardt, Katie Erdahl, Jacob Hoffner, Julia Hoffner, Jack Stetler and Kira Stetler; team managers are Angela Bernhardt, Jason Erdahl and Jim Stetler
(Information from the Wayzata School District website.)