Starts Today: Schedule of Events for Arctic Fever 2013
Three days of events will feature skiing, ice bowling, skating and a full plate of other winter fun.
Plan now to celebrate Arctic Fever 2013 in Shorewood, Tonka Bay and Excelsior Jan. 18, 19 and 20. So much is going on that the entire weekend will be full of fun, family and community—and did it’s almost all free.
There is kiteboarding, snow sculpting, skijoring, dog sled rides, bonfires, ice skating, sleigh rides and so much more.
Schedule of events:
Friday, Jan. 18, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Southshore Center, 5735 Country Club Road, Shorewood
- Ice skating on the Badger rink
- Snow Sculpture tours
- Free pizza while supply lasts
- Cocoa, music and fun!
Saturday, Jan. 19, Freeman Park, 6000 Eureka Rd, Shorewood
- 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Horse-drawn sleigh rides, bonfire, ice skating, sledding
- 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Snowshoeing, geocaching
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Dog sled rides (first come-first serve)
- 9 a.m. Skijor race, kid and mutt dash and dog class (go to www.skijor.org to register)
Saturday, Jan. 19, Manitou Park, 5418 Manitou Rd, Tonka Bay
- 1-4 p.m. Bonfire, s’mores and cocoa, ice skating
- 1:30-2:30 p.m. Owl show
- 2:30-4 p.m. Human bowling on ice
- 3-4 p.m. Kick sledding
Saturday, Jan. 19, Excelsior commons and downtown along Water Street
- 10:30 a.m. Magic Show (Excelsior Library, 343-3rd St)
- 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Horse-drawn wagon rides
- 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Ice skating, kiteboarding demo and try-it & bonfire
- 12-3 p.m. Snowshoeing
- 12-3 p.m. Lego snowboarding racing at Brain Balance (386 Oak Street)
- 2 p.m. Fat Tire Bike Race (register at http://www.eriksbikeshop.com/Arctic-Fat-Fever.aspx)
- 5-10 p.m. Cabin Fever party and Excelsior Brewing
- Coloring contest now through 5 p.m. Jan. 19 at Excelsior Library
Sunday, January 20, Bayveiw Events Center, 687 Excelsior Blvd
12:30-2:30 p.m. Princess Tea, $20 adults/$15 kids under 12, all kids are included in a drawing for an American Girl Doll!
All information and updates are available on the Arctic Fever web site, www.arcticfever.net.