Brian Barnes Challenges Erik Paulsen to Debate
The Barnes campaign has proposed five debates with Paulsen in Minnetonka, Chaska, Brooklyn Park and at the State Fair and Normandale Community College.
Brian Barnes, a DFL candidate for Congress, has challenged incumbent Congressman Erik Paulsen to five public debates before November’s election.
The Barnes campaign has arranged a variety of debates and moderators, and issued a formal invitation to Congressman Erik Paulsen on Aug. 16, and are awaiting a response.
The invitation is below:
August 16, 2012
Dear Representative Paulsen:
I would like to formally invite you to join me for a series of five public debates about the issues critical to people here in our district, state, and nation. Citizens of Minnesota’s 3rd Congressional District deserve the opportunity to assess their choices, compare our visions, and make an informed voting decision in November.
I propose the following dates, locations, and moderators:
· Labor Day Weekend (August 31st – September 3rd), at the Minnesota State Fair, moderated by Minnesota Public Radio
· The week of September 17th, at Chaska VFW Post 1791, moderated by the League of Women Voters
· The week of September 24th, at the Minnetonka City Hall, moderated by Sun Newspapers or Patch
· The week of October 8th, at Normandale Community College, moderated by the College Republicans of Minnesota and Minnesota Young DFL
· The week of October 22nd, at Park Center Senior High, moderated by a local TV news station (WCCO, KSTP, KARE, KMSP)
Please let me and the voters know if you are willing to publicly discuss your stance on issues, and join me for these debates.